Sunday, July 24, 2011

A personal challenge.

Starting today, it's my goal to write every day for a week. Now, I know most people challenge themselves for a year, but I work on the theory that small steps are better to get you towards the big goal.

Living in a small town might cause some problems with that. For starters, there's not really much to do here. We really are in the middle of nowhere. The closest movie theater is half an hour away. The closest farmer's market is about twenty minutes away. Thanks to Local Harvest I did find a farm in the area, called Eggleston Farm, to buy local produce and pork and chicken, and goat milk. How awesome is that! I put in an order for half a hog, but all orders were already filled. I gave her my number in case there were cancellations. I have a feeling that's not going to happen. In any case I'm on the Spring 2012 waiting list. I can't wait.

Bill and I have decided that we need to start eating better. We eat fine now and I cook at least five out of seven nights a week, but we don't eat a lot of veggies and fruit. In fact, if I buy it, chances are it's going to go bad before we eat it. I think once a week, we're going to begin having a vegetarian night. Fifty-two weeks of a new fruit and veggie a week. My only problem is how I do it. Do I do it alphabetically, in season? Well, obviously I'm going to do it in season. Now to find out what's in season.

Off to do research!

No comments:

Post a Comment