Monday, August 1, 2011

Everything and the kitchen Sink

Pork chops are something we eat once a week. We sort of rotate our meat weekly and although I don't make the same thing twice, it still begins to get boring. Today I made a marinade that I think will be tasty. It's marinading now, so I don't know how it will taste. When I tried it before I put the meat in to make sure that it tasted edible, it didn't taste bad. It was simple, a little bit of this and that, and something I could throw together with ingredients in my kitchen. Since I decided that I wanted to start cooking for ethnically, I've started buying more international ingredients and that means I can create a more varied taste experience. There are no pictures, because I was too busy admiring my work and eating.

Everything and the kitchen sink pork chop marinade


1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
1/2 teaspoon berbere
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Mix all ingredients and add pork chops to marinate for four hours. Bake with your preferred method.


My Homemade Dressing


preheat oven to 350*
1/4 cup real butter
4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
2 stalks celery, diced small
1/2 an onion
1/2 teaspoon sage
salt and pepper to taste
1 can cream of celery soup
4 large hamburger buns, torn into pieces


1. In a frying pan combine first five ingredients and saute onions until translucent.
2. While onions are sauteing, tear bread into pieces.
3. Add torn bread and cream of celery soup into a mixing bowl.
4. After onions are sauteed, add everything to mixing bowl.
5. Mix well and add to a 8x8 casserole dish.
6. Bake for 45 minutes, until it browns.
7. Let cool slightly and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment