Wednesday, August 10, 2011

No menu equals more money spent, a lot more waste, and a lot more stress.

When Bill and I first got married, I religiously made a menu and stuck to it four out of five nights. Nearly four months into our marriage I've quit making it. Not only do I scramble around most nights looking for something to eat, but a lot more food goes to waste and I spend a lot more money.

I need to get back into the habit of sitting down once or twice a month and creating a menu. We ate better, we spent less, and we were a lot happier. I enjoyed making dinner, I had a lot less stress, and I had everything ready to go for dinner nightly.

I'm going to start again soon. Probably. I don't want my mom to be right by saying that I would never stick to it. I figure this is just a bump in the road and I'll be doing it again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment